1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
t tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c butter
3/4 c sugar
2 egg yolks
1/3 c calamansi juice (or lemon or lime juice)
1/3 c +1 tbsp evaporated milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ⁰F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners or squares of baking paper. This recipe will make 8 to 10 muffins, depending on the size of your pan.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and creamy. With the mixer running, add the sugar in gradually. Then add the egg and egg yolks one at a time.
4. Combine the calamansi juice and the milk -- it will look curdled, but rest assured that it's alright.
5. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the bowl alternately with the calamansi mixture. Give it another half-minute to make sure the butter is smooth and creamy.
6. Spoon the butter into the prepared muffin pan, filling the wells almost to the top. Bake for 20 mins, until golden. Serve warm.
Shared from Bake Me a Cake by Ginny Roces de Guzman